CareFell offers a full comprehensive tree stump removal and grinding service.
The CareFell comprehensive tree stump removal service removes your old or unwanted tree stumps with the right equipment and technique. Often following a tree removal or fell. This removal leaves the ground ready for grassing or cultivation.
Tree Stump Removal Tree stump removal is an important process when trees are felled. This is because if the stumps are not removed then they can cause suckering.
This is where new shoots grow from the truck and roots.
Any tree stumps that are completely dead won’t form suckers, but they can create ideal breeding grounds for root diseases and this can have a negative effect on your garden and the health of its other woody plants and trees.
Reasons to remove a tree stump
- Stumps are an eye-sore, they tend to get covered in weeds and other plants over time.
- Stumps are hard to mow around should they be surrounded by grass.
- Stumps take up valuable space in your garden.
- Stumps are hazardous, some are obvious but others get camouflaged by grass and weeds over time and become a tripping hazard. Stubbing your toe on an old tree stump hurts and children can also knock their heads on them whilst playing in the garden.
- Stumps can create ideal breeding spots for root diseases.
How CareFell Removes Tree Stumps
To remove the tree stumps, CareFell uses stumpgrinders.
These are large and powerful machines but are compact enough to fit through most doors and gates (29 inches/74 cm at its widest point).
The stumpgrinders use flywheels with tungsten carbide teeth to chip away at the stump so that all is left is a pile of soil and wood shavings.
At CareFell we ensure that we leave your site clean and tidy.
For a stump removal quote, contact the CareFell team on 01227 76 47 44 or contact us here